This is the BETA release for LMDE 4 “Debbie”.
LMDE 4 Debbie
LMDE is a Linux Mint project which stands for “Linux Mint Debian Edition”. Its goal is to ensure Linux Mint would be able to continue to deliver the same user experience, and how much work would be involved, if Ubuntu was ever to disappear. LMDE is also one of our development targets, to guarantee the software we develop is compatible outside of Ubuntu.
LMDE aims to be as similar as possible to Linux Mint, but without using Ubuntu. The package base is provided by Debian instead.
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
“Release Notes for LMDE 4”
- 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 15GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI.
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.
- The 64-bit ISO is recommended for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold since 2007 are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- This BETA release might contain critical bugs, please only use it for testing purposes and to help the Linux Mint team fix issues prior to the stable release.
- It will be possible to upgrade from this BETA to the stable release.
- Bugs in this release should be reported on Github at https://github.com/linuxmint/lmde-4-cinnamon-beta/issues.
- Create one issue per bug.
- As described in the Linux Mint Troubleshooting Guide, do not report or create issues for observations.
- Be as accurate as possible and include any information that might help developers reproduce the issue or understand the cause of the issue:
- Bugs we can reproduce, or which cause we understand are usually fixed very easily.
- It is important to mention whether a bug happens “always”, or “sometimes”, and what triggers it.
- If a bug happens but didn’t happen before, or doesn’t happen in another distribution, or doesn’t happen in a different environment, please mention it and try to pinpoint the differences at play.
- If we can’t reproduce a particular bug and we don’t understand its cause, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to fix it.
- Please visit https://github.com/linuxmint/Roadmap to follow the progress of the development team between the BETA and the stable release.
Here are the download links for the 64-bit ISO:
- Torrent https://torrents.linuxmint.com/torrents/lmde-4-cinnamon-64bit-beta.iso.torrent
- World EvoWise CDN
- Canada Manitoba Unix User Group
- Canada The Free Mirror Project
- Canada University of Waterloo Computer Science Club
- USA advancedhosters.com
- USA Clarkson University
- USA GigeNET
- USA Harvard School of Engineering
- USA James Madison University
- USA kernel.org
- USA Linux Freedom
- USA MetroCast Cablevision
- USA pair Networks
- USA Purdue Linux Users Group
- USA Sonic
- USA Syringa Networks
- USA Team Cymru
- USA TeraSwitch
- USA University of Oklahoma
- USA University of Washington, Mathematics
- USA US Internet
- USA XMission Internet
- Austria UPC Austria
- Belarus ByFly
- Bulgaria IPACCT
- Bulgaria Netix Ltd
- Bulgaria Telepoint
- Bulgaria University of Ruse
- Czech Republic Ignum, s.r.o.
- Czech Republic IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center
- Czech Republic UPC Ceska republika
- Denmark Dotsrc.org
- Denmark KLID
- France Crifo.org
- France Institut de Génétique Humaine
- France Ordimatic
- Germany Be a Lama, Inc.
- Germany Dark Penguin Network
- Germany FH Aachen
- Germany Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Germany GWDG
- Germany Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Germany I/P/B/ Internet Provider in Berlin GmbH
- Germany NetCologne GmbH
- Germany PyrateLAN.party
- Germany wilhelm.tel GmbH
- Greece Hellenic Telecommunications Organization
- Greece MyAegean team, University of the Aegean
- Greece National Technical University of Athens
- Greece University of Crete
- Greenland Tele Greenland
- Hungary Quantum Mirror
- Ireland HEAnet
- Latvia University of Latvia
- Luxembourg root S.A.
- Netherlands LiteServer
- Netherlands NLUUG
- Netherlands Triple IT
- Poland ICM – University of Warsaw
- Portugal FCCN
- Portugal RNL – Técnico Lisboa
- Portugal Universidade do Porto
- Romania M247
- Romania Telekom Romania
- Russia Powernet ISP
- Russia Truenetwork
- Russia Yandex Team
- Serbia University of Kragujevac
- Slovakia Energotel
- Slovakia Rainside
- Spain Oficina de Software Libre do Cixug
- Sweden Academic Computer Club, Umea University
- Sweden c0urier.net
- Sweden Zetup
- Turkey Linux Kullanicilari Dernegi
- Ukraine IP-Connect LLC
- United Kingdom Bytemark Hosting
- United Kingdom University of Kent UK Mirror Service
- Bangladesh dhakaCom Limited
- China TUNA
- China University of Science and Technology of China Linux User Group
- Hong Kong KoDDoS
- India Esto Internet
- India PicoNets-WebWerks
- Indonesia Deace
- Iran Rasanegar
- Israel Israel Internet Association
- Kazakhstan Hoster.kz
- Kazakhstan PS Internet Company LLC
- Singapore NUS
- South Korea KAIST
- Taiwan NCHC
- Thailand adminbannok.com
- Thailand Kasetsart University
- Thailand Songkla University
- Vietnam Freedif
- Australia AARNet
- Australia Internode
- Australia Western Australian Internet Association
- New Zealand University of Canterbury
- Brazil Federal University of Sao Carlos
- Brazil Universidade Federal do Parana
- Chile Universidad de La Frontera
- Ecuador CEDIA
- Ecuador CEDIA Ecuador
- Ecuador Escuela Politecnica Natcional
- Botswana Retention Range
- Kenya Liquid Telecom
- South Africa Internet Solutions
- South Africa University of Free State
- South Africa WIRUlink
A 32-bit ISO image is also available at https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php.
Integrity and authenticity checks:
Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity.
Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones.
- Please read and follow the steps at https://linuxmint.com/verify.php
- Link to the sums: sha256sum.txt
- Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Many thanks in advance for testing the BETA!