This is the BETA release for Linux Mint 19.3 “Tricia” Cinnamon Edition.
Linux Mint 19.3 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2023. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements.
For an overview of the new features please visit:
“What’s new in Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon“.
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
“Release Notes for Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon”
- 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 15GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI.
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.
- The 64-bit ISO is recommended for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold since 2007 are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- This BETA release might contain critical bugs, please only use it for testing purposes and to help the Linux Mint team fix issues prior to the stable release.
- It will be possible to upgrade from this BETA to the stable release.
- It will also be possible to upgrade from Linux Mint 19, 19.1 and 19.2.
- Upgrade instructions will be published after the stable release of Linux Mint 19.3.
- Bugs in this release should be reported on Github at https://github.com/linuxmint/mint19.3-beta.
- Create one issue per bug.
- As described in the Linux Mint Troubleshooting Guide, do not report or create issues for observations.
- Be as accurate as possible and include any information that might help developers reproduce the issue or understand the cause of the issue:
- Bugs we can reproduce, or which cause we understand are usually fixed very easily.
- It is important to mention whether a bug happens “always”, or “sometimes”, and what triggers it.
- If a bug happens but didn’t happen before, or doesn’t happen in another distribution, or doesn’t happen in a different environment, please mention it and try to pinpoint the differences at play.
- If we can’t reproduce a particular bug and we don’t understand its cause, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to fix it.
- The BETA phase is literally a bug squashing rush, where the team is extremely busy and developers try to fix as many bugs as fast as possible.
- There usually are a huge number of reports and very little time to answer everyone or explain why a particular report is not considered a bug, or won’t get fixed. Don’t let this frustrate you, whether it’s acknowledged or not, we appreciate everyone’s help.
- Please visit https://trello.com/c/dXNvbKzd/26-193-beta-bugs and https://github.com/linuxmint/mint19.3-beta to follow the progress of the development team between the BETA and the stable release.
Here are the download links for the 64-bit ISO:
- Torrent https://torrents.linuxmint.com/torrents/linuxmint-19.3-cinnamon-64bit-beta.iso.torrent
- Canada Manitoba Unix User Group
- Canada The Free Mirror Project
- USA GigeNET
- USA James Madison University
- USA Linux Freedom
- USA University of Oklahoma
- Bulgaria University of Ruse
- Czech Republic Ignum, s.r.o.
- France remi.lu
- Germany Be a Lama, Inc.
- Germany Dark Penguin Network
- Germany Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Germany Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Germany I/P/B/ Internet Provider in Berlin GmbH
- Germany PyrateLAN.party
- Greece MyAegean team, University of the Aegean
- Hungary Quantum Mirror
- Ireland HEAnet
- Portugal FCCN
- Portugal RNL – Técnico Lisboa
- Russia Powernet ISP
- Sweden Academic Computer Club, Umea University
- Turkey Linux Kullanicilari Dernegi
- United Kingdom Bytemark Hosting
- United Kingdom University of Kent UK Mirror Service
- Hong Kong KoDDoS
- India Esto Internet
- Kazakhstan PS Internet Company LLC
- New Zealand University of Canterbury
- Brazil Federal University of Sao Carlos
- Brazil Universidade Federal do Parana
- South Africa University of Free State
- South Africa WIRUlink
A 32-bit ISO image is also available at https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php.
Integrity and authenticity checks:
Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity.
Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones.
- Please read and follow the steps at https://linuxmint.com/verify.php
- Link to the sums: sha256sum.txt
- Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Many thanks in advance for testing the BETA!