The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 6 XFCE Community Edition RC1. Based on Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex, Linux 2.6.27, XFCE 4.4.2 and Xorg 7.4, Linux Mint 6 “Felicia” XFCE CE comes with a brand new “Software Manager”, FTP support in mintUpload, proxy support and history of updates in mintUpdate, mintDisk and a lot of other improvements. For a complete list of new features read: What’s new in Felicia XFCE CE?
System requirements and known issues:
You need 128MB RAM to run the Live CD or 192MB RAM to install. To install, you need 1.5GB of free space on your hard disk. Once installed, Linux Mint 6 XFCE CE can run with 192MB RAM, but it is strongly recommended to have at least 256MB RAM.
As an RC (Release Candidate) this release is targeted at developers and beta-testers who want to help Linux Mint find and correct bugs before the stable release. Please do not use this release as your main desktop. For a complete list of known issues read the Release Notes.
Feedback and bug reports:
The testing will last for 2 weeks. Please report any bug you may find via the Linux Mint 6 XFCE RC1 Bug Thread and give us your feedback on this release by posting a comment right here on the blog.
Download Linux Mint 6 XFCE RC1:
You can download Linux Mint 6 XFCE RC1 via torrent or via HTTP:
Size: 687MB LiveCD
Torrent download: http://www.linuxmint.de/downloads.html
HTTP download: http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=34
- http://cesium.di.uminho.pt/pub/linuxmint/testing/ (Portugal)
- http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/ (Ireland)
- http://ftp.klid.dk/ftp/linuxmint/testing/ (Denmark)
- http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/linuxmint/testing/ (Greece)
- http://mirror.amarillolinux.com/linuxmint/testing/ (USA)
- http://linuxmint.norhex.com/linuxmint.com/testing/ (USA)
- http://linuxmint.sourcemirrors.org/testing/ (USA)
Rest of the World:
- ftp://184.108.40.206/LinuxMint/testing/ (Vietnam)
Have a lot of fun testing this release candidate and let’s all hope it will help us make a great stable release.