****** THIS BLOG IS POSTED ON BEHALF OF THE AUTHOR NELSON YAN *******
At VMworld EMEA in October 2016, we announced the VMware private cloud solution for SAP and the upcoming release of our Adapter for SAP Landscape Management. To read more about the announcement by my colleague Alberto Farronato, check out his blog post here.
Our mission is simple – to provide best-in-class software-defined infrastructure solution that simplifies deployment and management of SAP landscapes so business can focus on innovation instead of “keeping the lights on”.
By virtualizing the SAP environment, the private cloud solution for SAP removes the pains and constraints of running SAP on hardware-defined infrastructure: lack of scalability, high TCO, low business continuity during maintenance, and many more. Furthermore, we can now drive more automation and intelligence in the software-defined infrastructure once SAP has been re-platformed VMware virtualized infrastructure.
With that said, I am excited to announce the general availability of VMware Adapter for SAP Landscape Management version 1.4! The Adapter will radically simplify how SAP basis admins manage and deploy SAP landscapes and more tightly integrates SAP Landscape Management with underlying VMware virtualized infrastructure.
The all new VMware Adapter for SAP Landscape Management
Our latest iteration brings new capability and support that help customers address the challenges around digital transformation for both SAP and VMware.
- SA-API – give programmatic ability to provision SAP landscape and underlying VMware infrastructure
- Integration with vRealize Automation – allow basis Admin to leverage SA-API to create templates that end users can consume and self-provision SAP landscapes
The new features augment the existing capabilities of the adapter, taking automation and self-service to the next level so SAP basis admin can focus on value-adding innovating tasks instead of “keeping the lights on” operations. However, let’s not forget the key existing capabilities of the adapter:
- Provisioning – System Cloning, Copying, and System Refresh
- Automate key SAP basis provisioning task such as system cloning, copying, and system refresh directly in vCenter with SAP Landscape Management.
- Operations – SAP Hosts, Storage, and Network Migration
- Migrate VM, switch its data set and network to stand up SAP hosts, move environments, and deploy disaster recovery solutions – all through the SAP Landscape Management interface.
For customers interested in deploying the Adapter in production SAP landscapes, we are also introducing the option to purchase Production-level support from VMware GSS. Enterprises can now virtualize SAP with confidence, knowing that they have the backing of both SAP and VMware. Support is optional, and the free community edition of the Adapter continues to be available for non-production environments.
But there’s more… SAP Solution Guide!
In addition, we have also been putting together a comprehensive solution guide on how to install, deploy, and manage an SAP environment on top of VMware SDDC. The guide captures the essence of VMware private cloud solution for SAP, which defines the software stack to virtualize, secure and automate SAP environments leveraging VMware’s software-defined architecture. Key topics include:
- Best practice for deploying SAP HANA on VMware vSphere
- Implementing SAP Solutions on VMware products such as vSphere, vSAN, and NSX
The guide is an invaluable resource to help you take the first step in virtualization your SAP environment!
Interested to Learn More?
Visit the VMware Adapter for SAP Landscape Management Product Page
Read the SAP Solution Guide