by Neal Mueller
COLLABORATE is a big event for Oracle Database and Oracle Application users. You can find just what you need with help from one of our three participating users groups, those being:
- IOUG: for database users
- OAUG: for e-business suite users
- QUEST: for JDEdwards and Peoplesoft users
VMware customers are virtualizing all of Oracle’s products, so we were a popular booth at Collaborate. VMware also had eight sessions at Collaborate:
- Virtualization Boot Camp: Demystifying Oracle Database Virtualization Part I of III
- Virtualization Boot Camp: Demystifying Oracle Database Virtualization Part II of III
- Virtualization Boot Camp: Demystifying Oracle Database Virtualization Part III of III
- Oracle on VMware Expert Panel
- Oracle on VMware: Expert Panel
- Virtualizing Oracle Business Critical Applications
- Virtualization Boot Camp: Virtualizing Oracle 11gR2 RAC on VMware vSphere: Best Practices
- Demystifying MySQL for Oracle DBAs and Developers
Here is booth picture of VMware’s Oracle expert Kannan Mani working with the Harvard University DBA Team. The DBA explained his architecture to Kannan on the piece of paper on the table and then took note of what Kannan said, putting it into his iPhone.
VMware had a booth and signage at the show.
Next year, Collaborate 13 will be held in Denver. Denver is home to VMware’s Oracle-Master Don Sullivan and VMware’s Oracle-Double-Ace George Trujillo.
This blog is part of a series on Virtualizing Your Business Critical Applications with VMware. To learn more, including how VMware customers have successfully virtualized SAP, Oracle, Exchange, SQL and more, visit vmware.com/go/virtualizeyourapps.