The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 9 Xfce RC.
Linux Mint 9 Xfce
New features at a glance:
- New Software Manager
- 30,000 packages
- Review applications straight from the Software Manager
- APT daemon
- Visual improvements
- New Backup Tool
- Incremental backups, compression, integrity checks
- Backup/Restoration of the software selection
- Better look & feel
- Welcome screen
- Update Manager
- New Thunar Move to Trash and Delete options
- System improvements
- Windows installer
- Husse quotes
- USB Creator
- Default software selection
- Local repository
- Apt hold/unhold/held commands
- Project changes
- Community Website
- Community Editions
- 32 & 64-bit
- Upstream improvements
- Faster boot
- Long Term Support
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 9 Xfce“.
- Splash screen resolution
- Problems with Xfce mixer
- Desktop and delete options
- Gigolo and Windows shares
- Small fonts
- fusion-icon installs Compiz KDE packages
- Upstream issues
To get more information about these problems and their solution, read the “Known problems” section of the release notes.
As an RC (Release Candidate) this release is targeted at developers and beta-testers who want to help Linux Mint find and correct bugs before the stable release. Please do not use this release as your main desktop.
- Local repository
To get more information, read the “Important information” section of the release notes.
- x86 processor (for both 32 & 64-bit versions)
- x86_64 compatible processor (for the 64-bit version)
- 256 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 4 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
Please report any bug you may find in Launchpad.
Linux Mint 9 Xfce RC is available in both 32 & 64-bit as a liveCD, via Torrent and HTTP download:
- Download Linux Mint 9 Xfce RC i386
- Download Linux Mint 9 Xfce RC amd64
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using Linux Mint and have a lot of fun testing the release candidate!